Wednesday 14 March 2012

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak (2005)

I borrowed this book from Mac after I heard yet another positive review about this book and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. This book exceeded my expectations.

I loved this book, I thought it was so clever to have death narrate it and although it was super depressing I still really enjoyed it (which is a rarity for me). Although it is confusing at first, it is wonderfully written and has an amazing plot. My favourite characters were Hans and Rudy, Hans was so considerate to everyone and Rudy cared so much for Leisel that I couldn't help but love him. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone that is willing to deal with a story set in WW2.


For plot summary, see Mac's previous blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment