Wednesday 22 July 2015

The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet - Bernie Su & Kate Rorick (2014)

5 stars

I bought this when I saw it in Big W and freaked out my sister when I started yelling out of nowhere, I loved the youtube series and, unsurprisingly, this book.

I loved the series so much that I backed the kickstarter and now own the DVD set so it is no surprise that I loved this book. It also helps that I grew up on The Princess Diaries so I am a big fan of the diary format of a book, I love being able to just read all of the characters emotions and thoughts as they go through them, and it often involves large amounts of sarcasm so it's win win. I thought this provided great fun little details that the vlogs didn't give and I found it very easy to read in a short amount of time. My favourite character was probably Lizzie, she is just so funny and smart that now when I think about pride and prejudice I'm like Elizabeth rocks, whereas earlier I was all about Darcy. I would recommend this to any fans of pride and prejudice, regardless of whether you've seen the series, and to any fans of young adult romance.


This book follows the plot of the youtube series, which follows the plot of pride and prejudice, which if you don't already know I'm a bit sad for you. Here's a super short version with lots of details left out because I'm tired; Lizzie meets Darcy, Lizzie is annoyed by Darcy, Darcy grows to like Lizzie, Lizzie is lied to about Darcy so she dislikes him more, Darcy confesses his feelings to Lizzie, Lizzie rejects Darcy, Lizzie learns the truth about Darcy, Lizzie starts to like Darcy, Darcy confesses his feelings again, this time Lizzie reciprocates (and they share a glorious glorious kiss that I waited literally months for).

No comments:

Post a Comment