Thursday 23 July 2015

The Bride Wore Size 12 - Meg Cabot (2013)

3.5 stars

I bought this because I loved the rest of this series, as well as basically all of Meg Cabot's other books, and it lived up to my expectations.

This book is just like the others in the series except with the added benefit of Heather being engaged to Cooper, it makes everything so much more fun and Heather extra neurotic at times. Although I find all of Meg Cabot's books to be pretty similar, sometimes finding it hard to differentiate between the love interests between each book, I still find them all really fun to read and this book was no exception. I also loved how she put Lizzie Nicholls in it, even if it only was for a few pages I thought it was a great idea and it makes me so happy when authors connect characters between their books. My favourite character in this book was Gavin, he constantly cracks me up whenever he is around and I think his banter with Heather often lightens up the situations. I would recommend this series to you if you like lighthearted mysteries and don't mind romance.


Heather is busy planning her wedding at the start of a new semester when one of her RA's, Jasmine, ends up dead in her bed. She learns that she was communicating with the editor of the student run paper and was about to give him something big, she assumes on their  new resident, Price Rashid. It turns out that she was recording a party that Prince Rashid was throwing because the majority of the RAs were there and drinking, while many of the underage students also were. Heather eventually finds out that Howard Chen, another of the RAs who couldn't afford to go to school there if he wasn't also an RA, was the killer. She then marries Cooper at a ceremony with basically everyone she knows attending due to Cooper's sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment