Friday 11 May 2012

The Tombs of Atuan - Ursula Le Guin (1972)

 4 stars

I had to read this book for english, however unlike the first book in the series, I found it surprisingly hard to put down.

Each book in this series is from the perspective of a different character, which is a nice change from most series that can get irritating reading the same character's inner monologue all the time. This book is from the perspective of Tenar, a girl who is taken as a child to be a slave to the Gods, I thought she was an amazingly well written character that made the book pretty addictive. My favourite character in this book would be Tenar's young priestess friend that doesn't believe in the Gods (I don't have the book with me and I can't remember her name). I think she was an interesting character that was a clever way to introduce the notion of not believing to Tenar. I would recommend this book to any fantasy fans, also any fans of Froi of the Exiles, you don't have to read the previous book to read this one.


For plot summary see Mac's previous blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment