Tuesday 15 January 2013

Pure - Julianna Baggott (2012)

5 stars

I bought this book for a friend about a year ago and she has been bugging me to read it ever since then, I finally got around to buying it and I wish I'd listened to her sooner.

This book was a really excellent dystopian novel, with no frustrating love triangle or predictable endings. I really loved how it made the world seem realistic and actually dystopian whereas in some other novels I've read I really can't understand how the world would be so hard to live in. The book was really well written, with a world that I can picture and characters that I had real emotion for, Baggott did an excellent job and I cannot wait for the next book in the trilogy. My favourite character was probably Pressia, she was strong willed and consistent and her perspective made me really appreciate her, and her emotions were really complex and interesting to read about. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys dystopian novels and doesn't mind a bit of gruesome details.


For a plot summary, see Mac's earlier review.

No comments:

Post a Comment