Monday 23 December 2013

The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger (2004)

4 stars

Mac bought me this book a while ago because she knew I would like it, and as usual, she was right.

The plot of this book drew me in straight away and I found I had read the first part of the book where Clare's a child and Henry's time traveling back to her in about two days, however even though I still enjoyed the rest of the book, I didn't find it as entertaining as that first part of the book and it took me a while to get through. I would've enjoyed this book more if there wasn't so many philosophical chapters or chapters all about dreams, I understand authors like to foreshadow but sometimes enough is enough. I do however appreciate the author having a main character named Clare and spelling it the same way I do. My favourite character was probably Alba or Kimy, I thought Alba was both exactly what the characters and the book needed to lighten them up when it started getting very dark and sad. I just really enjoyed whenever Kimy was in it with her small exterior and tough attitude. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a good romance novel.


For a plot summary see Mac's previous blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment