Monday, 27 May 2013

Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom (1997)

5 stars

I've seen this sitting up in the bestseller section of Dymocks for ages, and then I was inspired to read this when a friend of mine raved about it. I recently got a Kindle and as much as I love my collection of books, I really enjoy reading on my Kindle. It tells me how far I am through the book in a percentage and based on my reading speed it will tell me how long I have to finish the chapter or book - which I love. So I uploaded this onto my Kindle and got stuck right into it. It is a beautiful book that made me laugh (and cry as well.)

Here is a link to the trailer, I haven't seen the movie but I am not convinced that it could be as moving as I found the book. 

This is a true story about Mitch Albom's favourite college professor. He promised to keep in contact after college, but life happened. He became a sportswriter and joined the rat race. One day he sees Morrie on TV and he is not well. He then goes to visit the old man. Morrie has ALS which is a degenerative disease that is starting to kill him. Mitch visits him on Tuesdays and learns many things from the wise professor who loves his life and all the people in it. He inspires many and is visited constantly, even making more TV appearances on talk shows. Mitch records their conversations and as a final project writes this book. It is a beautiful story of a man who loves life until the end and wanted to share his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment