Sunday, 17 March 2013

Safe Haven - Nicholas Sparks (2010)

4 stars

Another beautiful book from the romantic Nicholas Sparks (all I can say his wife must have high expectations after reading his books....). I really liked this book - it was a bit of a switch-up from the usual romance, incorporating domestic violence which definitely gave it more substance.

I saw the movie before I read this book and surprisingly there were very few discrepancies. In the book, the male love interest has grey hair and the final scenes play out a little differently (I imagine only to be portrayed better on screen.) Otherwise, the movie was very true to the book. Have a look at the trailer, I really like the movie as well.


The lovely ClareBear has already read this one and done the summary for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment