Tuesday, 20 November 2012

The Rise of Nine - Pittacus Lore (2012)

4 stars

I borrowed this off Clare because I really like this series - and I was not disappointed, this book was much better than I expected. I also did a little bit of research  on the series in the hope of finding a release date for the next book, to no avail. I did learn that there are meant to be a total of six books in the series. Pittacus Lore is supposed to be Lorien's elder who is on Earth - but it is actually the pseudonym for the two authors, James Frey and Jobie Hughes.

James Frey formed a publishing company designed to create highly commerical books like Twilight. Allegedly, the company abuses MFA students for ideas and holds them to contracts where they are given very little money for their work. Jobie Hughes is a MFA students and he has been removed from the series and was not involved in the writing of The Rise of Nine.

Besides the fact I feel a little conned for reading and loving a book specifically designed for commerical success,  I do recommend this series. It's hard to put down and is a nice change of pace for the YA fiction genre.



No comments:

Post a Comment