Thursday, 24 May 2012

Keep Calm and Drink Up (2010)

I'm not sure if this really counts as a book, but I'm falling behind Clare on the book tally and have to resort to sneak tactics to get on top. My friend Emma gave this to me for my eighteenth birthday. It is full of quotes about alcohol and life. Some are funny and some are inspiring.

Some of my favourite quotes:
"You are not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin
"If you resolve to give up... drinking... you don't actually live longer, it just seems longer." Clement Freud
"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the Bible says to love your enemy." Frank Sinatra
"Drunkenness is nothing but voluntary madness." Seneca
"Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." Ambrose Bierce
"The chief reason for drinking is the desire to behave in a certain way, and to be able to blame it on alcohol." Mignon McLaughlin
"Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol." Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment