Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Fahrenreit 451 - Ray Bradbury (1953)

I had to read this book for my English class. Though I was planning to read it sometime as its considered a classic dystopian novel. Somehow I doubt I would have been able to push through it if I wasn't being assessed on its content.

Ray wrote this on a typewriter that cost ten cents an hour in a basement full of university students. It's a great concept, but he didn't use it well! Censorship = good, burning books = good, a world that's hard to imagine = good. Using metaphors so excessively that the plot line ceases to exist = bad. There was a movie released in 1966 and below is the trailer, but its hailed as a love story, so I'm doubting the producers stuck closely to the text.
video

Also I found an amusing video summary:



Check out Clare's summary!

2 comments: